Monday, March 28, 2011

Baking with Biscuits

I'm excited to share this next recipe that is so easy and oh so delicous!

This can either be made for breakfast or dessert - it's a double doozie :)  We celebrate Breakfast Friday every week at work and you can bring whatever your want.  It wasn't my Friday to bring anything, but I found this amazing recipe, so I wanted to try it out.  Unfortunately, Matt and I ate 4 of the biscuits the night before, so I only had about 8 to take to work....  These are so easy to make the night before and take to work!

Cream Cheese Clouds

The Goods:
1 can (16.3 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits - I accidentally bought the 8 big biscuits instead of the 12 regular biscuits, but I just cut some of them in half and it still worked out fine.  I seem to always mess up recipes in some way or another, but they always turn out tasting good which is the most important part.
1/2 cup  sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 pkg.  (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cut into 12 cubes (You could use 1/3 less fat if you want, but really what's the point...)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
 

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Separate dough into 12 biscuits; press or roll each to 1/4-inch thickness.
MIX sugar and cinnamon in shallow dish. Dip cream cheese cubes in melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar - I don't think it gets much better than this!. Place 1 cheese cube in center of each dough circle; gather up sides of dough to enclose filling. Press edges of dough together to seal. Place, seam sides up, in lightly greased muffin pan (I thought about using a cookie sheet, but they might not stick together if they're not in the muffin pan)
BAKE 15 minutes or until golden brown.

I have to say these were actually better the next day when they were cooled off, I ate one hot and the cream cheese burnt my mouth a little, but that didn't stop me from eating another one, YUMO!!!!

These would be delicious served with Fruit and Orange Juice or maybe a little vino if it's for dessert!

Enjoy!



I have some catching up to do with the desserts I've made over the last couple of months, not sure what the next post will be.  Guess it will be a surprise, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment